Friday, January 22, 2010

Saturday #45-January 16, 2010

I'm following Jen's lead and spent a fun Saturday afternoon with my neice.
This is Lauren. She is 2.
And she makes me smile!










So, off we went to the mall for some fun adventures.
Only ours were a bit different then Jen & Abby's...









First we threw pennies into the fountain near Macy's. Lauren LOVED it! She giggled and squeeled every time she threw in a penny. It was the happiest $1.00 in pennies I've ever spent.












Basically I just followed Lauren's lead to see what she wanted to see...cool indian artifacts...or a pin wheel pen...












Lauren had fun looking at the Build-A-Bear store, but wasn't interested in getting one herself. (Saved me $40! Whew!) And she loved the duckies on display at Bath And Body Works.












We probably spent 20-30 minutes in the Disney store looking at all the fun things there. Aunt Amy had to try on a pair of ears...












We stopped for lunch at Pretzelmaker, of course! (For those who don't know, I use to do marketing for Pretzelmaker franchises. I love pretzels and was really sad when the business was sold to a company in NYC! Really, there is nothing better than warm bread with butter and salt! Yummm!)









And then we spent some time in the tree house at the far end of the mall. Well, Lauren spent time in the tree house. I ran around trying to keep my eye on her and grab some photos, while trying NOT t0 running over the half a billion other little kids who were all there too!












Lauren and I have lots in common! One thing we both love...SHOES! We stopped at Payless and she tried on a few pairs. Cute white sandles with a bit of a heal, and then these blue and pink water shoes which were probably 3 times bigger than her foot. I laughed so hard watching her try to walk in them. I think she wanted a HSM purse...another thing we both love (purses, not HSM)...but Aunt Amy couldn't be pursuaded.












After the mall, we stopped at a few other stores on the way home. At JoAnn's we found this fun pin wheel that was Lauren's prize for the day. We had fun taking turns huffing and puffing to make it spin and I was reminded about the importance of simple pleasures.












It was a fun day! And something I'm sure we will do again...









The End...

3 comments:

Jen said...

Adorable pictures! I can see cute Lauren running around the mall now.. tossing pennies, peeking into the Disney store & trying on shoes. A true little lady at heart! But no headbands from Tai Trading...?

Anthony and Christel said...

You..are Lauren's "Aunt Teresa"!! ;)

Jackie said...

So Cute! Your niece is so very lucky to have an aunt as wonderful as you! I hope you have a life time of fun together. Someday she'll be grown and you will be able to have great discussions and travel to europe together.