Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Saturday # 44 A Day with a Cute Beehive

After a call for help (a ride to the mall) I was thrilled to pick up my adorable niece (a brand new “Beehive”) and drive her to Orem to buy this… check out this cute knit headband from Tai Pan Trading.



Abby saved her money and really wanted one of these beauties, and since I fell in love with them too, I grabbed the sea-foam-blue band and Abby picked up a turquoise one. I’m glad I invested in this fashionable accessory, my ears are now toasty warm.

Next, we stepped into the “hot spot” for teen fashion ...Aeropostale. Love this store and since there was a huge 70% off sign dangling from the window I told Abs that we better scope it out and try on the latest trends.



I soon realized that Aeropostale’s size “medium” was similar to a size “xsmall” at JCPenney’s, ops…. aah, I mean Macy’s. But I wasn’t completely out of luck… I moved up a few sizes and found something that fit without splitting up the back.

Since this was a “Buy Two For $20” deal we decided to purchase two of these shirts to help keep the economy going. One for each of us. And wouldn’t you know… we picked out the exact same shirt, same color and all! Abby has a great eye for fashion and I followed her lead. Love it! I can’t wait to wear these to our next family party! Right Abs? ;)

Last but not least, we ended our outing at this tasty place.. “Noodles.” Abby ordered the Mac & Cheese and I tried their Pad Thai. Yummy! AND, we both wore our new matching headbands inside. I was a bit nervous though.. a few ladies gave us the “I want your headband look” so we sucked up our noodles pretty fast and made a mad dash for the door. I told Ab to keep running, and not look back… she did and we made it home safely, with headbands still on head.…. nahh. ☺

Thanks for a wonderful day Abby (my new fashion consultant)! I had a blast!

P.S. Due to a recent ice-skating incident, my camera was smashed… along with a new crack in my tailbone. Unfortunately no actual photos were taken of this particular Saturday – you’ll just have to take my word for it, with or without photo documentation.


3 comments:

Julie J. said...

Matt and I saw those headbands EVERYWEHERE on Monday while we were out and about. The first one we saw, the lady was NOT wearing it right and Matt asked me if it was Halloween. But the next couple we saw looked so cute! So believe me, there is a wrong way to wear it, I just can't really tell you what she was doing wrong. Because I don't know. But it was wrong.

Jen said...

I agree with Julie, these headband things are all over the place. I recently tried one on in the store...and boy was it wrong. Not sure what was wrong it was just was!
I am sure it looks great on you, you look great in everything!

Sorry to hear about your camera, and tailbone. What a bummer! hahaha!

Amy E. said...

I saw these at Tai Pan and almost bought one. So cute...but I'd probably be like the lady Julie saw and wear it wrong. Oh, and where NOT to wear one of these headbands? At the gym! There was a woman wearing one there the other night and it looked SILLY!