Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday #44-January 9, 2010

So, last week I enjoyed a bit of beauty pampering and time with my sisters. This Saturday, the theme continues with a visit to Krista Eastman at Cobble Creek Retreat. Krista is a Master Esthetician and Cobble Creek Retreat is the spa she runs out of her home in Highland. You can check out her blog: http://cobblecreekretreat.blogspot.com/.

I found a brochure for Krista and CCR at the gym just before the holidays. I was impressed with her pricing and range of services (someday I might do a blog about ear candling!) so I sent an email request for an appointment. Within minutes Krista called me back and we arranged for a Microdermabrasion Facial and Sugar/Mud Body scrub and mask. I LOVED both!

Sorry...no pictures of either experience--it's kind of hard to take a picture of yourself when you're covered in mud and wrapped like a mummy in plastic and sheets or when your face is gooped up with lotions and potions! But I'm a fan! Don't be surprised if I mention Krista and CCR in future Saturday posts. It's part of my 2010 goal to put my best face forward!

What else made Saturday fun? Saturday night I went with Sam and Jen to see...











Sherlock Holmes! Any movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law is bound to be good! And this movie lived up to the hype for me. I think we can chalk this up to another Saturday of Fun!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember my first experience with "ear candling." I thought it sucked out more and wax.. like my ear drum, but i was grateful my hearing came back a few days later. Made for some good laughs though.. right Amy? :)