Thursday, October 29, 2009

Saturday #33-October 24, 2009






Ode to My Bed

Oh how I love thee, my comfortable, warm bed.
Your pillows stacked high...
Your clean, crisp white sheets...

Invite me to lay,
Upon your firm mattress
At the end of the day.

Oh how I love thee, my lovely, nice bed.
In a room painted blue...
With a frame all in yellow...
You're my favorite place
To settle down for slumber
With a smile on my face.

Oh how I love thee, my favorite, soft bed.
On a Saturday morning...
With nothing to do...
But snuggle down deeper,
the covers pulled higher.
To be a lazy late sleeper!

3 comments:

Jen said...

You're quite the poet, and I didn't even know it!

Julie J. said...

I love my bed too. We named it Satan because it tempts me to stay in it all day.

Jackie said...

Very nice poetry Amy! And, your bed looks beautiful! You may go to get into it one night and I will already have taken it! :)