Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Saturday # 26 - September 5

I sang Broadway themes all day and snacked on peanut M&M's. I broke my record. I threw about 15 M&M's in the air consecutively and caught them in my mouth... impressed?

I'm studying for a PCPI Certification test... aah, and one other test that I won't mention because is just absolutely PAINFUL and I'm not doing well on the practice tests. hmm.

Anyway, what does PCPI stand for? Professional Card Players International? Nope! it's stands for Print Communications Professionals International (nerdy).

What does this mean for me & my career? (Instant celebrity status through Print Buyer's Anonymous?)
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out what this means... and right now, not a whole lot at this point.

Am I currently working as a Print Buyer?
No, I don't currently buy print in my position. I used to. I'll just leave it at that...

Mr. Roger's Tour:

Offset (sheet-feed) press.. each "box" holds a different color of ink.



Here is a diagram showing how this press operates. Yawn...



According to Mr. Roger's: "As the cylinder turns, the ink is laid upon paper as it is pushed between the blanket and a third turning cylinder called the "impression" cylinder in exactly the same pattern as appears on the plate. A series of sets of cylinders can create color prints using different colors of inks, most commonly cyan, magenta, yellow and black (or "key"), known as "CMYK" four-color printing."

I'm not getting certified to run this press (running this thing is likely to inflict harm or injury to my body). I'm just learning the "artsy" side of this process.

So..for most of my "Saturday-o-Fun" I ate M&M's, sang (mostly hummed) Broadway songs, and studied for the PCPI certification, oh.. and that "other test." yuk!

"These are a few of my favorite things...." kind of..

No comments: