Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday # 31 - October 10

Every summer for the past 3 years I have a family tradition.. "Aunt Jenny's Annual Sleep Over." However, since my nieces and nephews are growing in number (and somehow my place is getting smaller), this year I decided to turn it into a one-nighter. It's now officially called "Aunt Jenny's Annual Oktoberfest." Because this special event will now be held in October, unfortunately (or fortunately) these kids will probably not be able to play red-rover or hide-in-sneak outside at odd hours.

Needless to say, we didn't really do the "traditional things" done at Oktoberfest in Europe.. (if so, these kids wouldn't be allowed at Aunt Jenny's). We simply had a very fun time together watching movies (Mall Cop & Home Alone), eating pizza, drinking homemade orange julius, snacking on candy, chocolate donuts, popcorn, etc. (sorry to my two brothers and sister for filling your kids with sugar).

This year I had 10 kids at my house (ages 2-11). This event actually took place on Friday night, however, since it dipped into Saturday, with me spending the next day cleaning up, I'm counting this as a Saturday o Fun activity.










They are all fantastic and so much fun!

These pictures basically tell the story.
My bunny slippers were popular to try on... and all these pictures are bound to appear later in their lives, more likely around mission, college, and marriage time. ;)

2 comments:

Karol said...

They have to be the CUTEST kids ever!! Thanks for spoilin' them Jen! Good thing it's just once a year though, right?

Unknown said...

Such cute little blondies. Your house is so pretty.