Monday, October 19, 2009

Saturday #32-October 17, 2009

Tonya, I'm giving fair warning...this posting will probably make you homesick...

First off, the weather on Saturday was pretty much perfect! 70 degrees with clear, blue skies is almost unbelievable in the middle of October. I'm so glad I spent a few minutes outside enjoying the beauty of the day...and the fountains at The Gateway.

I find it amazing how friendship works! Eight years ago I moved to a new city and made some new friends. We started a book club, and for the first couple of years we faithfully met once a month to talk about books, church callings, husbands and children (theirs not mine, obviously) and life in general. Sometimes, it was less about the book, and more about the visit!

And then we all went our separate--some went further North, some further West, some further South and one went way, way, way further East. The book club dissolved somewhere along the way, but our friendships are still strong. And on Saturday four of us got together for lunch and a good visit!


So, to Kim and Melinda and Betsy (and Tonya & Sarah who weren't there), let me just tell you how much you all mean to me! You are all incredible women and valued friends. You inspire and amaze me! And I want to be like all of you when I grow up (never mind that I'm the oldest one in the group).

After lunch we roamed around The Gateway, just visiting. Apparently we've lost "the shopper" in our group, 'cause none of us were all that interested in going into the stores. There was more to see outside anyway. The people watching at The Gateway is highly entertaining! And I will have you all know, it was not this "Amy" who left her mark on the sidewalk...but thanks to the "Amy" who did, because it was a photo opportunity!

Here's a close-up...of the name, not me!



And finally, I'd like to end this posting with this bit of advice....

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Yep, your first comment was right. I am crying right now thinking about how great you guys are and how much I miss you guys. I certainly wasn't expecting to be this lonely.

I say right back at you kid with all the niceties that you said about us. You can come anytime you want! Bring some of that 70 degree sunshine with you!

Unknown said...

Amy - You are too sweet!! You should work for a yogurt company and share your sweetness, oh wait you do.

It is funny how friendships form and happen along the way. It is always so refreshing to have a Le Lit Meeting, you all fill my cup and help me to keep going. We are all so blessed!!

Love You Amy!! & thanks for letting us be good enough for a 52 Saturday post