Thursday, October 15, 2009

Saturday #31-October 10, 2009

There is something to be said for starting a Saturday o' Fun at a Las Vegas Buffet. Really! Sushi AND a bran muffin for breakfast? Don't mind if I do, thanks!


I was in Las Vegas (Henderson, really) for the Gordon and June Smith family reunion, sadly without Gordon and June. All my siblings got together this weekend to celebrate:
1. Canadian Thanksgiving (a tradition since my mom is Canadian, and really, we're always looking for a good excuse to eat turkey!)
2. Angela & Tim's anniversary (congrats on 10 years!)
3. Amy M.'s & Brityn's birthday (Happy B-days ladies!)
4. BYU/UNLV football game (which we actually all bailed on going to)


We had a great time being together! It was especially fun to be with all the nieces and nephews--they are all growing up so fast! Oh, and we took a couple of AWESOME family photos! Sorry, I can't post them--it's would ruin Christmas for my parents. But believe me, they are AWESOME! (If you're my friend on Facebook I posted one of them there.)


Fiona, Conlan and I did some "competitive analysis" at a frozen yogurt shop in Las Vegas. I think they enjoyed the "espionage" part almost as much as the frozen yogurt!
And then I couldn't resist making Angela's dreams a reality! I found these great feather eyelashes at the store. I think I found my Halloween costume!


Special thanks to:
  • Max & Brityn for hosting the reunion. They were very kind and generous!
  • Tim for bringing Canadian cookies all the way from Canada!
  • Amy M. for surviving the drive up to Las Vegas!
  • Angela for staying with me on Friday night!
  • The entire family for being good sports during a family photo--it was practically painless!
  • Kendra for making the amazing Zucchini & Ricotta cheese dish!
  • Will for saying, "You sound just like grandma." It's a compliment kid!
  • Sean & Tim for chillin' with me by the pool.
  • Brian & Janelle for caravaning home with me--oh how I wish I could drive AND take pictures of you as you drove past me with your tongues sticking out!
I LOVE MY FAMILY!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I had yogurt down there at the new mall south of the strip - off of 2-15 & i-15. It was really good! I like that you can add on your own toppings and try multiple flavors.

bella utahan said...

I LOVE those eyelashes!!! I think you should wear them as part of your daily makeup, not just for Halloween!

Tiffany said...

Wow!! Great eyelashes. It is fun to hear how you are doing. We would love for you to come visit. Let's set a date. ---Brian

Unknown said...

Jen told me about your 52 Saturdays of fun. It has been fun to read the last few. Keep goin' girl.

Bartley

Jen said...

Will you please wear those eye lashes to church.

Tonya said...

I think the eye lashes would greatly compliment the house dress you modeled a few entries previous.