Friday, October 9, 2009

Saturday # 30, October 3rd

Conference weekend! I usually pop a huge bowl of popcorn to snack on while I listen to conference (I like to leave the "old-maid" kernels for the end.. cause "last is the best of all the game"). This weekend I decided to eat something a little more healthy... 2 carrots and 2 cinnamon rolls (not only is conference good for the soul, cinnamon is too).

I loved every talk (Richard G. Scott - personal favorite this session). Occasionally during the afternoon session, sometimes I need to keep my eye lids open (especially after eating a turkey avocado sandwich). Maybe I'll prepare a conference BINGO sheet next time, or simply use toothpicks.

After conference I met my photography class at the AF tabernacle for our class field trip. We spend the next few hours running around town taking pictures.

Side note: While the other class members are on their way to stardom... after two classes, I can honestly say I now know how to officially turn on the camera, put the lens on correctly, and take the lens cap off. Yippee!

My main assignment today was to take a picture of a moving car, with the car in focus, and background in motion.

This shot is probably my best attempt at accomplishing this.. (I wonder what this man is pointing at?)






Also included are random shots of.. "The vehicle I drove before the Honda" & "This tree is such a sap!" And last, "Who knew these leaves could be so green.. even after photo shop" ;)

Fun class for an exciting Saturday o Fun!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Well done Jen! I espeically love the angle of "This tree is such a sap" photo. I think you are ready to set up your studio and hang out a sign for "Professional Photographer!"

Unknown said...

impressive pictures. Funny post.