Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Saturday # 25- August 29

Is this my Saturday number 25 activity? Maybe... time flies? I'm a slacker blogger. This was either Saturday # 25 or # 26 or 27.
What can I say, my typical summer Saturday morning routine is:
1. Wake up
2. Sit up
3. Knees up, legs flopped over bedside.
4. Hand flapping around for glasses, not found.
5. Eyes glaring at the clock.. 1/2 an inch from my face (I'm blind).
6. 6:30 a.m. "Why did my alarm go off? It's SATURDAY!"
7. Jump back into bed for another 2 hours.

Later I'm sure I shuffled around the house in my bunny slippers & robe snacking on chunks of frozen chocolate followed by a bowl of oatmeal. Plain old oatmeal- Love it! Next, I'm 101% sure I peeked out at my tomatoes. My prize tomatoes, those big red beauties! Then I slowly opened the back door an inch.. my eye searching for neighbors who might catch a glimpse of me in my robe and slippers. When I think the coast is clear I swing the door open and jump from the top step to the patio... hopefully like Wonder Woman.. only with bunny slippers and a red robe. I'm now safely hidden behind my backyard fence. "No one saw me!" Next, I hear my next door neighbor sniff loud! "Oh great!" I then shuffle around the back padio, bunny ears bouncing, as I inspect my tomatoes. I have (had) a tiny little red pepper that is (was) struggling. I usually give it words of encouragement during this plant inspection. Apparently whatever I told this little veggie didn't work, it's dead to me now.

I can't tell you what happens mid-morning nor early afternoon on day # 25. However I do remember that I picked up my two nieces and nephew later that afternoon to see Harry Potter at the Commons. I was a bit frightened halfway through the movie and sat in the food court for 15 mins.. oh wait, maybe it was me sitting with someone else. ;) Either way... I throughly enjoyed some nachos and popcorn during the break. Fun Day!

2 comments:

Julie J. said...

You and I are so much alike... I sneak around my backyard in my jammies, checking out my tomato babies and my pepper babies. And I LOVE HARRY POTTER. Our only difference is that I would have told the scared one to "suck it up
I'm not missing the movie because you think you're scared!" I know, I'm a jerk.

Jen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one roaming around the yard in my robe. I'm sure the Wilson's have seen me at my worst... hopefully i've been completely clothed. I'm going to position my bunny slippers so they're peeking through their fence. Huge HP fan! I'm going through withdrawals, can't wait for the next movie. Maybe I'll be Voldemort for Halloween..