Thursday, June 11, 2009

Saturday #13--June 6, 2009


And that, my friends, pretty much sums up our Saturday o' Fun #13! Jen and I, along with our friend Terri, spent the day at Disneyland and California Adventure, riding all our favorite rides. It was a perfectly lovely day.
We Fast Passed Jen's favorite ride...Soarin' Over California...first thing when the park opened. It's a great ride that engages almost all of your senses.
Tower of Terror has been replaced as my favorite ride with this "Root 'em out, Shoot 'em up" Toy Story Mania ride at Disney's California Adventure. It has 3D glasses too.
We met Tinker Bell! Here's our best fun fairy pose!

And who doesn't love this ride? I just have one tip...Do NOT look into the idol's eyes!!!

The Adventureland walkway from the Tiki Room to the Pirates ride is almost as crowded as the Primary hallway at church on Sunday. Luckily, with some crafty maneuvering, you can avoid it all together!
I've decided I like this ride better when it's decorated up for the holidays as the Nightmare Before Christmas. But, it's definitely a classic!
Jen and Terri satisfied a two-day craving for Mickey Mouse shaped ice-cream sandwiches. Yum!I enjoyed a refreshing Mint Julep. Anyone have a good recipe? I'd like to make them at home.
After dropping Terri off at the airport, Jen and I returned to the parks where we "invested" in some rain ponchos and rode the wet rides we had been avoiding...Grizzly Bear Rapids and Splash Mountain. Guess what? The poncho was absolutely no good on Splash Mountain!

I have a lovely picture of Jen and I on Splash Mountain, which I will scan and post soon. I haven't laughed so long or so hard in a very long time! By the look on Jen's face in the picture (coming soon) I'm not so sure she enjoyed it as much as I did.
And here is Jen, flagrantly breaking the rules of "keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times." Luckily, she didn't get caught, otherwise she may have made the "no entry allowed" list, with her mug shot posted on the Disney police wall.
Thanks girls! I had a FABULOUS birthday vacation at Disneyland. It was great to have you there celebrating with me.


BONUS!!!
If you can guess where these pictures were taken, you get 100 extra bonus points for the day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

looks like you gals had a blast! Sorry I missed it. hope you had a magical b-day!

bella utahan said...

It has been too long since I played at Disneyland- I have never heard of some of those rides!