Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday #15, June 20, 2009

My mom is home for a few weeks, clearing up some immigration issues with her green card. We're not sure how long she'll be home, but in the mean time, we're filling up every moment with family time and family favorites--Saturday #15 epitomized both!

My Saturday o' Fun started with a field trip with my grandmother, Aunt Laura & Uncle Chuck to Heber. We checked out the campground site for our 2010 Smith/Easter Family Reunion. I took lots and lots and lots of photos...but none really interesting enough for this blog.

I spent Saturday afternoon and evening with my mom and siblings. Angela, Tim & Athena came up to see my mom, so Saturday definitely included time with my nieces! Dinner on Saturday was Lemon Chicken (see recipe below), which is definitely a favorite family! Since my folks have been on a mission, Brian has become the expert Lemon Chicken chef.

And, just before the strike of midnight, my brother Joseph flew in to town for a visit too. So, definitely Saturday #15 was all about family.


Brian "hamming" it up for the camera!










Janelle and my mom putting the finishing touches on dinner.












The Nieces! Athena and Lauren taking turns holding Madeline.
RECIPE: Lemon Chicken

Marinate 1 pound chicken (de-boned/cubed) for ten minutes in:
1 1/4 tsp Rice Wine
1 1/4 tsp Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 egg yoke
1 1/2 tbs. Starch

Coat marinated chicken in:
4 tbs. Starch
2 tbs. Flour

Fry in 3 cups of oil until crispy and thoroughly cooked.

Lemon Sauce (we double it & take out the salt)
Bring to boil:
1/4 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Sugar
2 Tbs. Lemon Juice
3 Tbs. Water
1/2 tsp. Starch
Pour slightly cooled/thickened Lemon Sauce over chicken and serve warm with rice and stir-fry vegetables.

No comments: