Saturday, June 13, 2009

The effects of playing too hard...

and.. a follow-up post from "Amy's Fantastic Disneyland Birthday Extravaganza." The day we were scheduled to leave, unfortunately, Amy E. tweaked her back from playing too hard and landed in a wheelchair at the airport.
The perks of accompanying someone in a wheelchair at the airport:
1. Instant "first in line access" at security check point.
2. Special treatment and kind words from all airport officials.
3. No random security checks.
4. Front of the line to board the plane.
5. First pick of any airplane seat (I wondered if sitting next to the pilot was an option).
6. Golf cart ride from terminal to baggage claim.



2 comments:

bella utahan said...

story?!?!?

Amy E. said...

It was my "Happy Birthday, you are old!" present! Sunday as I was bent over the lock to the front door of the house we rented, I did something to my back and had a hard time standing up straight the rest of the day. It was pretty painful and probably did warrant the wheelchair ride. But I felt like a completel idiot the entire time!