Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday #12, May 30, 2009

MAKING THE "FUN" COUNT!

"Have a FUN day!" said the guy at the front desk as Amy left the gym.
"One of the purposes of Young Women's is to have FUN." said Sister Statham, Stake YW President.
"Are you going to post this on your 52 Fun Saturdays blog?" said Sis. Nichols after we took a picture of the AF 1st Ward YW leaders.
"What are you doing for FUN today?" asked Brian when he rang the doorbell and woke me up from my nap.
"For FUN Well Done." was the note on the tip jar at Cold Stone.
"It's FUN to see all the books you guys have." said Amy E. as she helped pack up Max & Brityn's library.
"Have FUN with your grandchildren." said Amy to Jen's mom.
"Today was a different take on FUN." said Amy E. to her sister Kendra at the end of the day.
"Fun, fun, fun." said someone on TV--which Amy heard while she put away groceries.

It was Stake Conference this weekend. Both Jen and I had meetings on and off the entire day. So, we really didn't have anything "FUN" planned. I guess I could consider going to meetings on a Saturday as FUN--relative to say taking out the trash or getting the tires on my car rotated. It's all about attitude, right?

What was interesting to me, however, to count all the references on Saturday to FUN! Every time I saw, heard, or said the word FUN, it was like a little bell rang to remind me it's what the day was all about. So, while this post is a bit on the boring side and our day was only mildly FUN as compared to other Saturdays o' Fun, I'm grateful for the repeat reminders of my goal--having a year of FUN Saturdays!

Oh, and for my fellow YW leaders...never fear! I'll post our picture when I get it uploaded from my camera!



SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
Next Saturday...We're having fun in DISNEYLAND and at the Beach. WAHOO!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I really enjoyed this FUN post! I think of you as someone who has a good attitude and makes everything fun! Even cleaning checks and walking to classes with a Franklin Planner.

I am sad you will be gone next weekend. We have to come to Utah for a wedding! ;(