Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday #8, May 2, 2009

I have a friend--a best friend--and it is her birthday today. So, as part of my Saturday Fun, I want to wish Tricia W. a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and tell you some of the reasons why she is my best friend!

1. Tricia is easy to travel with. Some of my best trips (for work or for fun) have been with Tricia.
  • San Diego--Ah, the beach! And the flowers in Carlsbad. And shopping at IKEA!
  • Chicago--Bistro 110's pumpkin soup! Ahhh!
  • Orlando--My birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, thank you very much!
  • Atlanta--Visiting Mike's family and shopping for shoes.
  • New Orleans--Touring historic plantations & buying a vacuum for the booth
  • New York--Sephora...need I say more?
2. Tricia's thought process is almost the same as mine. I never have to explain the why and how...Tricia just gets it. Which means she gets me! And that makes our friendship a lot easier.

3. We've been friends long enough to tell it like it is. Tricia's my sounding board for complaints, observations, questions, and random thoughts. She keeps me grounded in reality, pushes me when I need it, and helps me keep my dreams alive. After years of friendships our almost daily emails could fill books and books and books!

4. Tricia works at being my friend. What I mean is she'll make the call or send an email to make sure I'm alive and well. She meets me for lunch on a regular basis. And she extends invitations to family get-togethers or girl's night out. I feel like part of her extended family and it's nice to feel included in her life. I appreciate the effort she has made to go from being work friends to being life friends.

These are just a few of the reasons why Tricia is such a great friend. I could go on about her sense of humor, her fashion eye, and her high level of confidence in what she knows...all traits I wish I had like Tricia does.

The only thing lacking in my friendship with Tricia? A decent picture of her to post on my blog!!!

Happy Birthday Tricia!
Dessert is on me next time!

No comments: