Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saturday #10--May 16, 2009

"Angel" Saturday
Jen and I participated for the third year in the "Running with Angels" 5K race at Thanksgiving Point. It's a great race to start the season and inspires some of us (not me) to run other (longer) races. This year, we both beat our times from last year...hooray! But, we were both slower than the first year...oh well. Gives me a goal to shoot for next year!
Jen's niece, Abby, and sister-in-law, Karol, also ran the race. Abby crossed the finish line first. Way to go Abby! (Notice the little angel sitting on Jen's left shoulder?)



I made it home from the "Running with Angels" race just in time to "Serve with Angels!" Our stake had a youth service project picking up trash in the neighborhoods and parks within our stake boundaries. Afterwards, we had a yummy lunch of roasted hot dogs and cheese puffs (my favorite). Here's a photos of a few (but not all) of my favorite "Angels."
McKell, Sis. Nicholes, Miss Madison, Nicole & Courtney




























Much, much later, Saturday evening (almost Sunday morning), Jen and I went to see Angels & Demons. I think we decided to give it 4.2 stars.




1 comment:

Jen said...

Way to go Abby! I could barely keep up with you! Next year, the race is on! ;) Yeah, good question... what is that strange light near my shoulder? Maybe it's Abby's guardian angel?