Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saturday #11--May 23, 2009

BEFORE & AFTER SATURDAY (well, mainly just "after")
I got a text message from my sister Angela on Saturday.
Angela: "What are you doing for Sat of fun?"
Amy: "Yard work."
Angela: "That's doesn't count!!!!!"
Amy: "Sure it does!"
Amy: "What r u doing??"
Angela: "Eating lunch in San Diego. We went to the beach."
Amy: "I'm jealous of yr fun sat."
So, here is the lesson. Sometimes Saturday has to be a chore day. And "fun" is all a matter of perspective. Although, I'd much rather have been at the beach!!!

My Fun Saturday Chore was yard work. Since I'm not moving (ooh, this will be a way to see who reads my blog!) I decided to put in a garden after all. I forgot to take a "before" shot, but here's the "after." (And to be honest, it's "after" finishing it all up on Monday too.)
Here's my front flower bed with new perennials (thanks Sue D. for the suggestions!)

And my back yard garden with a new tomato plant, hydrangeas (I'm going to try), new zucchini, clematis (this three year old vine is going strong), new strawberries and squash (by seed). Now I'm crossing my fingers it all grows!


Check out Jen's post for her Fun Saturday Chore...painting her bathroom.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, look how nice and tailored your yard looks! It's... well, its.. fantastic! Nice job! When I drove by on Sat., (in route to finish painting at my place), it looked like you needed a tall glass of lemonade... now, all you hard work will bring fruits (and veggies) at our next neighborhood BBQ.

Jackie said...

Wow Amy! You are quite a hard worker! I think it will be great! Strawberry smoothies comming up!