Monday, November 30, 2009

Saturday #38-November 28, 2009

So, Jen and I had a little Red vs. Blue rivalry wager going on this weekend. And since BYU won the football game on Saturday, I've modified the blog background accordingly!

Here's a little collage of photos from the game. Let me tell you...it was FUN!!!



Before the game started, I had lunch with some of my favorite people. Max & Brityn were in town for Thanksgiving, so they stopped in at Brian & Janelle's house for lunch. It was fun to visit and play with the girl's. I love my nieces! Lauren and Madeline are so much FUN!



Before lunch, I did something I've wanted to do for a long time--a mini Triathlon! Terri joined me for a 3 mile run on treadmills, a 10 mile ride on stationary bikes, and 1/2 a mile swim (36 laps) in the pool. We did all three activities in about 2.5 hours. It was a great way to burn off some of the calories from Thanksgiving. And even though I finished feeling tired and sore, I felt accomplished. I'd definitely count it as FUN!


So, there you go, from finish to start, my Saturday of FUN!
(Hey wait, how did all those red U's get in my posting? Jen?)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I am so stealing your mini triathlon idea. That is brilliant!! No entrance fee, no worry of being dead last, no worry about weather. No worries!!

Julie J. said...

Red U's = funny!
The mini triathlon is a fabulous idea. I wouldn't make it past 15 minutes and I would have only traveled a mile in that time. You go girl!

Jen said...

Clever way incorporating those "U's" cougar! Your Blues played a spectacular game against those Rebel Reds and sincere congratulations and salutes are in order from hopefully one of... or the only.. "classiest" Ute fan in the valley! ;)

In fact, we should have recruited you to join that scarlet team during the second half! Your Triathlon training could have clinched the game for those city slickers and they would have at least driven home in style.... but I know you're a true blue through-and-through and any conversion efforts on my part would be a waste.
Nice job on the Triathlon!

Jackie said...

Wow, I love the idea of a mini triatholon! I'm going to tell Annie! She has done a couple marathons. She'd probably like that idea. I like it too but not sure I could make it! Maybe I'll try a mini mini triathalon!