Monday, November 23, 2009

Saturday #37-November 21, 2009

RATS!!! I totally forgot to take my camera with me on Saturday, so I have no photo documentation of the fun! Sorry!!!

Saturday was the BYU vs. Air Force football game and I've been looking forward to this game all season for one very specific reason--the FLYOVER! Since our seats are in the North end zone, it's the perfect place to be when the jets fly from South to North over the stadium. And this year was perfect! Four jets (sorry, missed the announcement of what kind of jets) flew low over the stadium. First you see them, and then you hear them. "The sound of freedom" according to Terri. I totally agree!

Insert mental picture of jets flying over the stadium...

Okay, so if the flyover was the best part, the second best thing about the game was the game itself. BYU won 38 to 21! Thanks to Terri for going with me to "Rise and Shout" the cougars on to victory. I really wish I had a picture of the two of us bundled up against the cold. Luckily it didn't snow!

Insert mental picture of Terri and I bundled up in hats, gloves, coats, blankets, etc...

The third best thing about the game? Our excellent parking spot!!! Terri's sister Laura has a parking pass for Lot #1...the parking lot at the stadium, at the South end. Since she wasn't going to the game, she let us borrow the parking pass. Seriously, we couldn't have had a better place to park and I was more than tempted to "borrow" the pass for next week's game too.

Insert mental picture of my Rav 4 parked right by the South entrance to the stadium...

Brian called during the first quarter to tell me he saw us on TV! I went to his house after the game to check it out, and this is what he saw.
Can you see Terri and I? It's like "Where's Waldo?"! And unless you know our seats are just West of the band, right below the section II entrance, you'd have no clue were to look for us.

I had Brian freeze the next frame and then took a picture of the TV with my camera. Even with his High Def big screen TV, you can barely tell there are two little heads in the red circle. Yup, that's us! Our big TV debut.


While I was at it, I grabbed a quick snapshot of two of my favorite people...Brian and Lauren. Hmmm...I think there is a definite lack of BYU blue in this photo. At least Lauren got it right!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die; Ki!Yi!
We're up to snuff; we never bluff,
We're game for any fuss,
No other gang of college men
dare meet us in the muss.
So fill your lungs and sing it out and
shout it to the sky,
We'll fight for dear old Crimson,
for a Utah man am I.

... or in my case (replace "man" with "woman")
Go UTES!

Terri said...

Oh yeah! That's us alright, bundled up in our coats, hats, gloves,and blankets! Thanks for including me in your Saturday of fun at the Air Force game! Go Cougars!!!

Amy E. said...

Next Saturday will be the battle of Blue and Red on this blog...be prepared!