Monday, April 6, 2009

Saturday #4, April 5, 2009

Amy's Fun Saturday Activity:
I started my day bright and early with a hair appointment with my friend Kim. I was anxious to cover the gray and maybe do something fun and different...even extreme. Luckily, Kim is more conservative than I am, so rather than ending up with crazy hair (I'd asked for purple), I got some red and blond highlights and they look GREAT! Here's photos...during the weave, in the foils and then after all cut, colored and styled. Kim took a close up shot so you can see the cross sections of color. THANKS KIM!!! (Kim has a blog...H2K Family Blog. I've posted a link to the right.)







Amy & Jen Fun Saturday Activities:
It's the first Saturday in April. Guess what that means? Fabric shopping for our block-of-the-month quilt.
Jen and I started a quilting project in January and every month we work on a new block for our quilts. April's block is three tulips and we had fun shopping for the fabric. Here's our first step... labeling and categorizing the fabric we already have and determining what new fabric we need.
When our quilt is finished (all 12 squares!) we'll post a picture of the finished projects!


After buying fabric we decided to go see a movie. Have you seen TAKEN with Liam Neeson? Makes me rethink my next European vacation. Lessons from the movie:
1. Listen to your father when he says, "I don't feel good about this!"
2. Don't ever share a cab with a stranger!
3. Hiding under the bed NEVER works.
We followed up the movie with a visit to Jen's favorite cookie place SMART COOKIE COMPANY for the best sugar cookies ever!
(See how loyal I am to my brand? I love their sugar cookies too, but since I work for MFC, can't claim SCC as my favorite cookie place.)
Jen's Fun Saturday Activity...to be added

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yes, this is one smart cookie! Hey, I like MFC too! It's the first "Smart Cookie!"

Jen said...

I think that girl would have stayed hidden under the bed if she's wasn't talking on the phone with her dad!

Kristi said...

I just learned you have a blog. I love the idea of documenting Saturday fun!

Unknown said...

I finally found it, your blog. Sorry, I was a little distracted. But this is GREAT and a great idea!! Your added to my sidebar!!