Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Saturday" #5, April 10, 2009

Nope, the date isn't wrong! Jen and I actually did all our Fun Saturday things on Friday since we both had the day off.

We started our adventures with a bike ride--my first ride on the new bike I bought a couple of Saturdays ago. Friday was the first good day of weather when I've actually had some time to get out and ride. And good thing we went on Friday, because Saturday was cold and rainy! Note to self...get a new softer seat for the bike before the next ride!










We took a 6 mile round trip ride to Utah Lake and back. Not too far, but a good bit of exercise! Along the way, we saw "wild life!" I had to take this picture of Jen with the cougar...a photo reference to a comment she made about our 1st Saturday of Fun. Oh, and how do you think one of these will look in my front yard?











Jen and I regrouped around 11:30 and spent the next couple of hours babysitting Jen's adopted niece, Madeline! We took turns cuddling her and while she was napping, we watched The Duchess.












Our next adventure was later in the evening. We attended a Passover Haggadah hosted by The Isaiah Institute. We enjoyed 'Four Cups of the Fruit of the Vine' representing the four aspects of Jewish bondage and deliverance. We ate Matzah and recited the Ten Plagues as we dropped grape juice on to our plates. We even learned Jewish dances and a few traditional songs. I'm glad Jen suggested this activity...I learned a lot and really enjoyed the evening.

1 comment:

Jen said...

life's lessons learned from the Duchess: artificial black moles for your face are not attractive, and never marry for money (yep, this may be a hard lesson to swallow).