Monday, April 6, 2009

Jen's Saturday # 4 Spring Cleaning!

Most of my Saturday consisted of Spring Cleaning! Why do I associate April General Conference with Spring Cleaning? With conference blaring in the back-ground, my usual goal is to have everything "squeaky clean" and beautifully polished before the 4:00 session is over. I finished my Saturday cleaning at 4:02! That's a new record! Fyi.. my cleaning sessions never seem to end.. I start in one area and continue throughout the house until I'm completely exhausted.
It wasn't until the Mormon Tab Choir started singing "Consider The Lilies" I realized my yard was next on the list.. this may have to wait for Fall General Conference.

Here are a couple cleaning tips I've picked up..

Company will arrive in 30 mins. your house is a mess. What will you do?
1. Door Locks. Employ the Locked Door Method of cleaning.
2. Duct Tap. Great way to fix drapes, tablecloths, pants. No muss, no fuss.
3. Ovens. If you think ovens are just for baking, thing again. Ovens represent at least 9 cubic feet of hidden storage space.
4. Dryers, washing machines, & freezers. Like tip #3, except bigger.
5. Dusting. Never dust under what you can dust around.
6. Dishes. Never use them. Use plastic or paper.
7. Lighting. The key here is low, low, and lower. It's not only romantic, it hides the dirt.
8. Use air freshener on the front door. While your guests wait they will smell the fresh lemon scent and think you've cleaned all day.
Happy Spring Cleaning!

4 comments:

Amy E. said...

I can totally imagine you cleaning your house...dressed appropriately!

Amy E. said...

And when, may I ask, did you get a POOL?? Ha, ha! remember my failed attempt at having a pool in my back yard?

Jen said...

It's time to pull your pool out of hibernation. Don't clean it yourself, hire a pool boy.

Karol said...

It sounds like your all ready for 6 of your nieces and nephews to visit!! Shall I send them over with some treats,... like pixie sticks, fun dip candy powder, brightly-colored-ultra-sticky-suckers, chocolate-crumbly-cupcakes, and for a drink?....that cheap red stuff!