Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Saturday #42-December 26, 2009

Happy Boxing Day friends! I hope your Christmas celebrations were festive and blessed. My Christmas Day was perfect-I'm in Arizona on vacation and spent the holiday with Angela, Tim, Athena, and Tim's family. The food? Yummy (prime rib and cinnamon pears). The visit with family and friends? Fun and entertaining (I love Angela's in-laws! They are a very warm and welcoming bunch!) And the gift opening? Thankfully not too early (7:00 a.m.) and surprising (I gave Angela money to buy me some presents so I'd be surprised when I opened them!).

I love Arizona in the winter...blue sky, sunshine and warm! See....


So, I explained to my brother-in-law, Tim, that we needed to do something fun on Saturday so I could blog about it. He was skeptical about my blog readership and my ability to entertain you with our activities on this particular Saturday. So, if you're not entertained...all six of you who read this blog...I'm blaming Tim!

Really, a lot of the day was spent lounging around doing a whole lot of NOTHING! Perfect for vacation. But we made up for it by going out to dinner and having Thai. I love Thai food, don't you? And after an all day food fest on Christmas day, it was nice to eat something a little bit on the "light" side. While we waited for our food, we counted the visible elephants in the restaurant. Want to take a guess at how many we found?



628!

That's right in a place with just 12 little tables, there were 628 visible elephants for us to count. I'm sure the kid working the counter with curious as to why I was wandering around the restaurant pointing and counting to myself.

For dessert we stopped of for some "Arizona Snow"...snow cones at Bahama Buck's. YUM! I figure we can go three more times during my vacation here and we can fill up my punch card. Angela, Athena and I tried normal flavors. Tim experimented with
"Pickle Juice."





We ended the evening enjoying the new patio Angela and Tim had installed in their side yard. Time surprised Angela with a new set of patio furniture and a fire pit (something I seriously thinking I need to add to my back yard). So, we had a fire and roasted marshmallows as our concluding activity for Saturday.



It was a perfectly relaxing vacation Saturday!

Next Saturday? It's a new year...2010...and an updated look for the blog! Only 11 more blog postings until the first 52 Fun Saturdays are done.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Tell Tim I am one of your faithful blog readers and dont dis the auntie! I am jealous of the fire pit and patio furniture too! I cant believe there were so many elephants in such a little place. Let me know if you need a ride from the airport. Gma should be here until Sunday. Next Saturday I am planning on pedicures to get my little piggies ready for CR. Wanna come?

Julie J. said...

Oh No! What then? I vote for 52 more.

Jen said...

I live for this blog...tell Tim some that some of us live BORING lives. Your life is sooo exciting, traveling, adventure, drama, it has it all!
If it wasn't for this blog....I am not sure I could go on...

I agree with Julie....keep going!

Jackie said...

You are so entertaining! I LOVE that you gave Angela some money to buy some gifts so you'd be suprised! That is so you to think up something fun to do like that! I miss being roomies!