Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Saturday #41-December 19, 2009

A year ago I was in The Philippines!









Wow! Was it really a year ago?
I'm so glad my friend Terri was able to go with me. We've been reminiscing about the fun adventures we had on our trip. So, what was I doing a year ago for a Saturday of Fun? The link below takes you to the blog Terri and I had from our trip.

http://wepacklite.blogspot.com/2008/12/headed-north-back-to-naga-in-three.html

Last year was definitely more fun than this year's Saturday. Two hours shopping at Target is not really blog worthy, even if there was a women being hauled out on a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance.

By the way, if you have been watching the news lately, you've probably heard about the Mayon Volcano in the Philippines which is threatening to erupt. Last year I stood on that very volcano. In fact here's a picture I took last year and one my parents just sent. There's always steam raising from the crater. But in the picture they sent you can see some of the ash and smoke. At night the volcano glows red with lava flow. WOW! And as of yesterday, all the missionaries and members are safe. Please keep them in your prayers.










Next Saturday is Boxing Day and I'll be in Arizona with Angela and her family. I don't know what the plans are, but I'm absolutely sure I'll have something fun to blog about...even if it's the 70 degree temperatures!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! And thanks for following our 52 Fun Saturdays blog!

3 comments:

Julie J. said...

Have fun in AZ. Merry Christmas!

Terri said...

Ahh! Last year's Christmas season was such an adventure! I think I'm going to look through my pictures and think about warm weather! Merry Christmas!!!

Jen said...

Hope you are having a fabulous time in the warm sunshine.....I'm totally jealous!

We missed you in YW on Sunday!