Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Saturday #24-August 22, 2009

My Saturday started really early...12:45 a.m. actually. That is when I picked up Angela and Athena from the airport. They came up to Utah for a quick (but fun filled) visit.

After sleeping in (can you really call it sleeping in when you got less than 8 hours of sleep anyway) we got up and headed to Orem for a little weeding project. Brian came over too and helped edge the lawn. My dad would be so proud...his kids, doing yard work on a Saturday morning.


I gave me camera to Athena (6) with instructions to take pictures of us doing stuff. Here are a few of the shots she took...






...including a self-photo. How can you not love this face?


(As promise, Angela, I did not post the picture Athena took of your back side! I'm such a nice sister.)

We put Athena to work harvesting the strawberries. Here's her bounty...


And earlier in the morning, we harvested some of the bounty from my little backyard garden. I've been waiting for my tomatoes to get red. Apparently I planted the yellow variety. When Athena saw the zucchini, her eyes lit up with thoughts of Zucchini Bread. Our last activity of the night was grating up the zucchini and making bread just for Athena.


But, before the Zucchini Bread and after all the yard work, we rewarded ourselves with a visit to Pirate Island Pizza--a new theme restaurant in Orem. Brian was thrilled to be there, where his true pirate self could run free!


3 comments:

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Wow- That sounds like a lot of fun. Athena is so grown up- I can't believe it. What a sweetheart she is.

Teresa said...

Do you know that I check every day for an update? I think you are a couple of Saturdays behind little missies

Jen said...

Hey, I am almost offended! You had better count me in your count of dedicated readers.

I check weekly for updates, so count me in!