Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saturday #29-September 26, 2009

It's hard to categorize things like grocery shopping and laundry as "fun", but sometimes Saturday is the only day to get them done. And even though they aren't typical, every day events, it's had to think of a funeral and the General Women's Conference as "fun".

There are only two really fun things I did on Saturday--but I don't have photos of me doing either of them...sorry!

The first? Visiting my friend Tricia (who was actually taking a much needed nap) and holding her new baby girl, Pyper Maria. Pyper is beautiful! You'll just have to take my word for it...she has similar features to her mom. Congratulations Tricia, Jerry, & Parker on the newest addition to the Williamson family!

The second? Staying up until 2:30 a.m. reading! What was I reading? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Seriously, I could not put the book down! Picture something like reality TV gladiator style--but with teenagers.

Here's the synopsis from Barnes and Noble: In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.

Just so you know, book #2, "Catching Fire" is already out--thanks goodness! (I hope I'm not giving away the ending to book #1 by telling you there is a book #2.) So, even though I could barely keep my eyes open, I started Catching Fire right after I closed the cover of The Hunger Games. But now I have to wait over a year for book #3!

Thanks for the book recommendation Melissa. If anyone else has a good book suggestion, feel free to post it in the comments. I'm always looking for something good to read!

2 comments:

Amy said...

i've read both of these too! One question - Gale or Peter? How to choose!?!

Julie J. said...

I MUST borrow these from you! Thanks for the recommendation.