Monday, July 13, 2009

Saturday #18--July 11, 2009

AF 1st Ward Youth Conference 2009, Fish Lake

So, I put the burden of a blog-worthy Saturday O' Fun on the YM & YW of my ward. And they came through with flying colors! Saturday was our pack-up-and-drive-home last day of Youth Conference. The kids were amazing and the conference was a huge success! Here's the group shot--most everyone is fashioned in their custom designed Youth Conference t-shirts. It's amazing how creatively they used the theme--Be Thou An Example. Seriously, Spiderman and a muscle tee?


One of our ward's favorite Girl's Camp traditions (three years running) is to duct tape Nicole to a tree. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do it this year at Heber Valley, so we made up for it by duct taping her to a tree at youth conference. I brought extra duct tape just in case we needed to put a few kids in "time-out", but they were all very well behaved!
Luckily, we packed up and headed home just in time to miss a torrential downpour. Here's my car crew enjoying a quick stretch and dash in the rain while we filled up for gas in Gunnison. Poor Isaiah was stuck in a car with three girls who vetoed all his music requests. I don't think he complained too loud.


Here I am looking tired, sunburned, but happy. I really had a great time with the best youth ever! Ummm, yeah, keep both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road...


With Youth Conference over, I'm at the end of six crazy, busy weeks. Next Saturday is a bit of R&R before the next six crazy, busy (work) weeks begin!

No comments: