Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday #2, March 21, 2009

Activity: Random things that made this Saturday fun.

We started our second Saturday 'O Fun by going to the gym. Aren't we so healthy? It's a good thing we went, but we'll get to that later. After the gym we went our separate ways...me to get my toes painted (I saw this weird Loch Ness type monster on the drive home) and Jen to take a nap. I'm sure she did other things too, but I envy her nap. I didn't get one.











In the afternoon we decided to see a movie...Duplicity (three stars, maybe) where I ran into random friends from the past. Weird. Oh, and at the movie we both got the kid's snack box of popcorn with a small drink and a sour apple candy chew. Yum! I need to remember the kid's size is always perfect...just the right amount of popcorn, not too much beverage so you have to leave in the middle of the movie for a run to the restroom, and just enough sweet to balance out the salt.

After the movie we headed to Wal-mart to purchase accessories for our custom-made Draper Temple Dedication handkerchiefs. What started out as kind of a joke (how gaudy and outlandish can we make them) turned out not half bad. Jen has lace and a few white flowers sewn to her hankie and I have lace and white puff paint lettering on mine.

Oh yeah, and I bought a new bike at Wal-mart. A bike! A BIKE! I'm so excited (Jen told me to say that...but really I am excited!). It's a lovely shade of steel blue. And yes Mom, I bought a helmet too. It's grey and matches the bike perfectly (of course it matches! Although it was a toss up between the grey one and the Hannah Montana one!)












We also bought new shoes! They were only $10.00 and in lovely spring shades. I guess we are craving spring! Plus, a girl can never have too many shoes. See Jen's cute spring shoes? She promises me she will never wear them again with black socks.
We ended our Saturday with a quick bite to eat at the Whistle Stop Ice Cream Chinese cafe. Odd, but tasty. But, really it's a good thing we started the day at the gym.

4 comments:

Jen said...

i'll be the first to comment on this blog. those are fabulous green shoes, even with black socks! tennis anyone?

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am happy that you bought a bike, but I am a little disappointed that it was from Wally World. If the good weather ever comes back we should go on a ride!

bella utahan said...

now that you have a bike you dont need the gym!!! I am looking forward to a pedicure together real soon!!!

Karol said...

Love the site! :) Jen, I see those shoes and think... FA-BU-LOUS!