Monday, June 21, 2010

#13, June 5--Post Birthday Fun

So, it was my birthday on Friday, June 4th. And since it's not technically a Saturday, I probably shouldn't tell you all about it. But this is my blog so I get to make up the rules.

My birthday was perfectly lovely! I appreciate all the birthday wishes from friends, family, and even strangers. Of course, wearing a crown and carrying balloons and a huge bouquet of flowers, means pleanty of attention from everyone. Gratefully there was no standing on a chair while everone sings "Happy Birthday." Thanks friends!

Next year...the big 40 will be on a Saturday...talk about Saturday of Fun!
















Remember back in Elementary School? If it was your birthday you brought the cupcakes to school? Well, the principle still applies as a grown up, I think. I've learned that if I want a big deal made about my birthday, then I'm the one that needs to make the party plans. So, I ordered my very own birthday cake from Creative Chaos, my friend Cherse's company. Check out her Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/CREATIVE-CHAOS/287202997740

She delivered it on Saturday, and I spent all afternoon resisting the temptation to cut into it. I saved it for the family dinner on Sunday...well, except for the fondant balls around the edge. You can see that I ate a few...
















The highlight of my Saturday, though, was spending the day with Lauren. We worked in my graden planting flowers and veggies. She was a big help!




















Isn't this the cutest thing ever? She did it all by herself. I guess "fort making" is just a childhood instinct!
















After I snapped this photo Lauren jumped up and kept saying "Spider! Spider!" and had her arms out-stretched so I would pick her up. I couldn't see anything at first, but then, sure enough, there was this great big black hairy ugly spider crawling on her chair. We both started to freak out a bit!

No comments: